Country love
(Warning: photo-heavy post!!!)
Okay, so here's the thing: I don't usually agree to five-hour road trips. I mean, who would, right? It's literally a pain in the ass.
Well... unless the destination is spectacular.

We spent four days and three nights in Infanta, my dad's hometown, and I think this is the best part of my summer for now. It's the kind of place writers or painters would go to for inspiration, you know? Really peaceful and close to nature. We stayed at my aunt's and became full-time babysitters to our cousins: the twins plus our four-month-old baby girl.

This is their bahay kubo standing in the backyard. Pretty cool. It's got a room inside too.


Hello kitty cat :3


Those are the twins. And this is mom holding baby Chloe ☺



It's also the mango season. I think we ate green mangoes everyday, with tomatoes and cucumbers, as a side dish.

For day two, we set off for the river first thing in the morning. It was really rocky getting there, but boy. The walk is really worth it.

I mean, look at it. The water's absolutely clear, no need for chlorine or anything.




I mastered the art of skipping pebbles that morning.. my brother taught me. My first attempts were funny, all the pebbles did was sink in one big ripple. But I got the hang of it, and it became easier as long as you've got smooth, flat and round pebbles. The most skips I've had was five (hooray!).

I know it's pretty childish, but I collected some pretty rocks.

On the third day nothing much happened because it rained in the morning, and then I chose to stay home the whole afternoon to babysit for my aunts. They bought stuff in the market and proceeded to make suman, a rice delicacy. We had a boodle fight at lunch, though. That was fun =))

We were homebound by 10am carrying with us some suman, mangoes, cookies, and a cask of lambanog (liquor made from coconut). The five-hour trip home was uneventful, and sad. We were absolutely determined to go back by July, though. Our stay there was unforgettable and looking back, we had the most peaceful and relaxing times.

Surprisingly, Gelo, Kerstan and Aliyah visited when we got home. We had some cake and palabok (I'M ALWAYS EATING!!! MAN) and Ali and I played some volleyball. Other than that, life's back to normal.

Tomorrow's the first day of summer job and I have to get up at 6am.. BUMMER. Nah I'm kidding, I'm actually su₱er ha₱₱y and excited for my summer job tomorrow =))))))))) I'm not complaining 'cause I'm getting paid. Good night!!!

//edit
Cerize is the intern at the branch where I'm working!!! YAYYYYYY I'm really happy (isn't it obvious???)!!! Wouldn't spend all my time chatting of course... I mean there's work to do and I might be reprimanded... but at least a friend is there! Bye boredom =)) And Cerize is the person I needed to see most :) I love you, girl! You are stronger than most people, and if some can't handle your awesomeness, they can go screw themselves. :*

Labels: , , ,


Sunday, April 20, 2014
@ 22:47