Dear friend,

I called you that because you still are, for me.

You know how a short span of time can feel like ages? Because I do. It's what happened recently, and I'm still puzzled as to how can that be. I don't know how once, I felt like I truly know you, and then poof, I don't and I feel you drifting away from being one of my closest friends to someone who's merely an acquaintance. A stranger, even. And that pains me.

We used to be partners in crime. But soon you took a very opposite path.

That said, I don't think both ends would ever meet again. And it makes me sad when I think of that. But I do want to know this: why did you change? And why in extremes?

I could only guess though: maybe you want to change for the better. Maybe it makes you feel good. Maybe you want to erase the bitter past and create a whole new image.

Well, good for you. But I can't stand you anymore. I had a bitter past. And you, of all people, should know that. But I don't dare to forget it. What would that make me? A fool pretending it didn't happen? News flash: it did. And I learned something from it. It made me stronger and less naive. It made me remind myself not to let that happen to myself again.

But you, I don't really get you now at all. And I'm just tired of trying to understand you. I don't want to lose you, but you're not proving your friendship to be worthwhile anymore. I'm really sorry but it's true. I feel like you do want to distance yourself away from us and that you're doing it deliberately. If that's what you want, then so be it.

Though I can't imagine it, I hope you're happy.

Thursday, August 16, 2012
@ 18:38