Sweet disposition
Holidays were busy! Hahaha. It was very very very fun though =)))) We had customized shirts thanks to my aunt, hahaha! It looks cute. And movie marathons were the best. On Christmas night Alwin and I watched Tangled and then The A-Team. Both were really good movies, I swear. Aaaaaand...I'm turning sixteen and I have a crush on Flynn Rider *slash* Eugene Fitzherbert. Hahaha. Zachary Levi's voice is amazing too. Mandy Moore voiced Rapunzel's. And that day I watched A Walk to Remember, kudos to me hahahaha. Nicole laughed at me crying, which was pretty hilarious since she cried as well when she watched the movie before.

Yesterday...500 Days of Summer. I have some quotes too :D

Author's Note: The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Especially you Jenny Beckman. Bitch.


Narrator: This is a story of boy meets girl. The boy, Tom Hansen, of Margate, New Jersey, grew up believing that he'd never truly be happy until the day he met "the one." This belief stemmed from early exposure to sad British pop music and a total misreading of the movie, The Graduate.


Narrator: The girl, Summer Finn of Shinnecock, Michigan, did not share this belief. Since the disintegration of her parents' marriage, she'd only loved two things: The first was her long dark hair. The second was how easily she could cut it off, and feel nothing.


Narrator: This is a story of boy meets girl. But you should know up front, this is not a love story.


(flashback)
Summer: I think we should stop seeing each other.
(present)
Rachel: Just like that?
Tom: Just like that.
Paul: Did she say why?
(flashback)
Summer: I mean, this thing. What are we doing? I mean, is this normal?
Tom: Norm--I, I don't know. I don't care. I'm happy. Aren't you happy?
Summer: You're happy?
Tom: You're not?
Summer: All we do is argue.
Tom: That is bullshit!



Rachel: Maybe she was just in a bad mood.
Paul: Yeah, maybe like a--a hormonal thing.
Rachel: PMS?
Tom: What do you know about PMS?
Rachel: (glares) More than you, Tom.



Summer: This can't come as a total surprise to you. I mean, we've been like Sid and Nancy for months now.
Tom: Summer, Sid stabbed Nancy...seven times with a kitchen knife. I-- I mean, we have some disagreements, but I hardly think I'm Sid Vicious.
Summer: No. I'm Sid.
Tom: Oh, so I'm Nancy?



(flashback)
Summer: Tom, don't go! You're still my best friend!
(present)
Paul: Jesus.



"Color my life with the chaos of trouble."



McKenzie: Dude, I hear she's a bitch.
Tom: Really?
McKenzie: Yeah. Patel tried to talk to her in the copy room. She's totally not having it.
Tom: Maybe she was just in a hurry.
McKenzie: And maybe she's an uppity, "better than everyone" superskank.
Tom: (looks at Summer) Damn.
McKenzie: I know. She's pretty hot.



Tom: That sucks. Why is it that pretty girls think they can treat people like crap and get away with it?
McKenzie: Centuries of reinforcement.



(Tom with headphones on, in the elevator, and Summer suddenly enters)
Summer: Smiths.
Tom: Hi.
Summer: I love the Smiths.
Tom: (removes the headphones) What?
Summer: I said I love the Smiths. You have--you have good taste in music.
Tom: You love the Smiths?
Summer: Yeah. (sings along) To die by your side is a heavenly way to die. I love 'em. (leaves elevator)
Tom: Holy shit.


Summer: Well, you're a perfectly adequate greeting card writer.
Tom: Thank you. That was actually my nickname in college. They called me "Perfectly Adequate" Hansen. (drinks champagne)
Summer: They used to call me Anal Girl.
Tom: (spits champagne)
Summer: I was very neat and organized.


Tom: I don't know, man. I think it's official. I'm in love with Summer. I love her smile. I love her hair. I love her knees. I love this heart- shaped birthmark she has on her neck. I love the way she sometimes licks her lips before she talks. I love the sound of her laugh. I love the way she looks when she's sleeping.
(music - "She's Like the Wind")
I love how I hear this song every--every time I think of her. I love how she makes me feel. Like anything's possible, or like--I don't know, like--like life is worth it.
Paul: This is not good.


Tom: It's off.
McKenzie: What?
Tom: Me and Summer.
McKenzie: Was it ever on?
Tom: No, but it could have been in a world where good things happen to me.
Paul: Yeah well, that's not really where we live.


(flashback)
Tom: Hey, Summer.
Summer: Hi.
Tom: How was your weekend?
Summer: It was good.
(present)
Tom: Can you believe that shit?
McKenzie: I'm sorry, what shit?
Paul: I think I missed something.
Tom: She said, "It was good." Emphasis on the "good." She basically said she had spent the weekend having sex with some guy she met at the gym. Skank. Whatever. I'm over it.
McKenzie: What the hell is wrong with you?


Tom: She's not interested in me. There's really nothing I can do about that.
McKenzie: Just because she said it was good.
Tom: And some other things.
Paul: Like, did she say, uh, "hey" instead of "hi"? I mean, 'cause you know that that--that means that she's a lesbian, right?


Tom: I gave her plenty of chances.
(flashback)
Summer: I'm going to the supply room. Do you guys need anything?
Tom: I think you know what I need.
Summer: (stares puzzlingly)
Tom: Uh, toner.
Summer: Okay. Sure, no problem.
McKenzie: (chuckles)


Tom: Whatever, man. It's fine. I don't need this crap, really. I just, you know...I'm comfortable. I'm unhassled. People don't realize this, but loneliness...it's underrated.
Paul: You could just ask her out.


Summer: I named my cat after Springsteen.
Tom: No kidding. What--what's his name?
Summer: (stares at him for a while) Bruce.


Summer: Okay, let me break it down for you.
McKenzie: Break it down.
Summer: Okay. I like being on my own. Relationships are messy, and people's feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We're young. We live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Might as well have fun while we can and save the serious stuff for later.
McKenzie: Holy shit. You're a dude. She's a dude!


Tom: Well, what happens if you fall in love?
Summer: (chuckles)
Tom: What?
Summer: Well, you don't believe that, do you?
Tom: It's love. It's not Santa Claus.


McKenzie: Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.
Summer: The lady dothn't.


Summer: There's no such thing as love. It's a fantasy.
Tom: Well, I think you're wrong.
Summer: Okay, well...what is it that I'm missing, then?
Tom: I think you know it when you feel it.


Paul: (knocks on Tom's door) You son of a bitch.
Tom: Shhh!
Paul: The same girl you've been obsessing for weeks now?
Tom: I've not been obsessing.
Paul: The girl you said was out of your league, that you'd never have a chance with. That girl.
Tom: Paul, seriously.
Paul: Did you bang her?
Tom: No.
Paul: What, hum job?
Tom: No.
Paul: Hand job?
Tom: Man, no. No jobs. I'm still unemployed. We--we kissed.
Paul: Level with me, man. Come on. This is your best friend, huh? Your best friend, who tolerated your whining about this girl for weeks on end.
Tom: Paul--
Paul: You were essentially stalking her!
Tom: Paul, shhh!
(door opens)
Summer: Hi.
Paul: Hey.
Summer: I'm Summer.
Tom: Summer.
Paul: I'm Paul.
Summer: Hi, Paul. Nice to meet you.
Paul: Well, I gotta go. I gotta do some, you know.
Tom: Yeah, man.
Paul: Um, pretend I was never here. Oh, wait! Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom. Um, if any jobs come up--
Tom: Thanks, Paul, see you!
(Paul leaves, door closes)
Tom: He's uh, you know, an old friend. If you heard any of, um--
Summer: Heard what?
Tom: Nothing. You wanna go?
Summer: Yeah, I'm stalking. I mean, I'm starving.


Tom: Darling, I don't know how to tell you this, but...there's a Chinese family in our bathroom.


Tom: Okay. Settle. She's just a girl. Just a girl. She wants to keep it casual, which is why she's in my bed right now.


McKenzie: Maybe you should write a book.
Tom: What?
McKenzie: Well, you know, Henry Miller said the best way to get over a woman is to turn her into literature.
Tom: Well, that guy had a lot more sex than me.


McKenzie: (enters the copy room, finds Summer)
Summer: (on the phone with Tom, vocalizes the theme song of Knight Rider)
McKenzie: (leaves and goes to Tom)
Tom: (on the phone with Summer) Yeah, that's it. That is it.
McKenzie: Your girl is losing it.


Summer: Come on, I love Ringo Starr!
Tom: Nobody loves Ringo Starr.
Summer: That's what I love about him.


Paul: So what are you exactly?
Tom: I don't know.
Paul: Are you her boyfriend?
Tom: It's not that simple.
McKenzie: Sure, it is.
Tom: What, are we going steady? Come on, guys. You know, we're--we're adults. We know how we feel. We don't need to put labels on it. I mean, "boyfriend", "girlfriend". All that stuff is--it's really juvenile.
McKenzie: You sound gay.
Paul: You really do.


Rachel: Now, look. If it were me, I'd find out now before I show up at her place and, well, she's in bed with Lars from Norway.
Tom: Who's Lars from Norway?
Rachel: Just some guy she met at the gym with Brad Pitt's face and Jesus's abs.


Summer: Nothing's going on. We're just...
Tom: What? We're just what?
Summer: We're just friends.
Tom: No! Don't pull that with me! Don't even try to--This is not how you treat your friend. Kissing in the copy room? Holding hands in IKEA? Shower sex? Come on! Friends my balls!


Tom: Oh, that's it?
Summer: The ones that lasted, yeah.
Tom: What happened? Why--why didn't they work out?
Summer: What always happens. Life.


Tom: That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Summer: No, it's not. It's awesome. Trust me. I'm serious. (closes eyes) I'll go first. (exhales) Penis. (nudges Tom)
Tom: Penis.
Summer: Penis!
Tom: Penis!
Summer: (louder) Penis!
Tom: There's kids around.
Summer: There are no kids around.
Tom: Penis!
Summer: Penis!
Tom: You having fun?
Summer: Yeah.
Tom: This is the kind of thing you did with The Puma, isn't it?
Summer: (smiles) Oh, we rarely left the room.
Tom: PENIS!


Summer: In a way, it sort of like...says so much by...saying so little.


Mr. Vance: The reason I'm asking is, lately your work performance has been...a little off.
Tom: I'm not following.
Mr. Vance: Okay, um...here's something that you wrote last week. (reads the cover of greeting card) "Roses are red, violets are blue--" (opens greeting card) "--Fuck you, whore."


Tom: Hey.
McKenzie: Hey. Don't you have, like, twenty cards to write by Friday?
Tom: Nope. All done.
McKenzie: Really? Can you help me? 'Cause I've run out of ways to say "congrats." Okay. I got, "Good job," "Well done" and "Way to go."
Tom: How 'bout..."Every day you make me proud...but today you get a card."
McKenzie: Shit, that's good.
Tom: I know.


Tom: I hate Summer. I hate her crooked teeth. I hate her 1960s haircut. I hate her knobby knees. I hate her cockroach-shaped splotch on her neck. I hate the way she smacks her lips before she talks. And I hate the way she sounds when she laughs.
(music - "She's Like the Wind")
Tom: (screams while riding a bus) I hate this song!
Driver: Son, you're gonna have to exit the vehicle.


Tom: I liked this girl. I mean, I loved her. What does she do? She took a giant shit on my face. Literally.
Alison: Literally?
Tom: Not literally. That's disgusting. Jesus. What's the matter with you?


Tom: You know, on the one hand, I want to forget her. On the other hand, I know that she's the only person in the entire universe that will make me happy.


Tom: There's two options, really. Either she's an evil, emotionless, miserable human being, or she's a robot.


(on the phone)
McKenzie: Hey, baby.
Tom: Hey, you here?
McKenzie: Hell no.
Tom: What do you mean "Hell no"?
McKenzie: I'm not going to that.
Tom: Yes, you are!
McKenzie: No man, it's gonna be all old people.
Tom: Yeah, but you said you were going, that's why I'm going.
McKenzie: And that's why I called her last night, told her I was sick. Like a ninja.


McKenzie: Love? Shit, I don't know. As long as she's cute and she's willing, right?


Mr. Vance: Twenty-one years. She's the light that guides me home. Yes, that is one from our cards. No, someone else wrote it. Doesn't make it less true.


Paul: I think, technically, the "girl of my dreams" would probably have, like, a really bodacious rack, you know. Maybe different hair. Probably--you know, she'd probably be a little more into sports. But, um, truthfully, Robyn's...Robyn's better than the girl of my dreams. She's real.


Tom: Can I just say something about the cat? Yeah, uh, this is--and Rhoda, no disrespect here, but um, this is total shit.


Tom: It's--it's these cards, and the movies, and the pop songs--they're to blame for all the lies and the heartache, everything.


Rachel: You know, my friends are all in love with you. You know, it's like we said. Plenty of other fish in the sea.
Tom: Thanks. But, uh, those are guppies.


Tom: So I, uh--I guess I should say congratulations.
Summer: Only if you mean it.
Tom: Ah, well...in that case...(silence)


Tom: You never wanted to be anybody's girlfriend, and now you're somebody's wife.
Summer: Surprised me too.
Tom: I don't think I'll ever understand that. I mean, it doesn't make sense.
Summer: It just happened.
Tom: Right, but that's what I don't understand. What just happened?
Summer: I just--I just woke up one day, and I knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you.
Tom: You know what sucks? Realizing that everything you believe in is complete and utter bullshit. It sucks.
Summer: What do you mean?
Tom: Uh, you know, destiny and soul mates, and true love, and all that childhood fairytale nonsense. You were right. I--I should have listened to you.
Summer: (laughs) No.
Tom: Yeah. What? What are you smiling at?
Summer: (smiles and shakes her head) Tom.
Tom: What? What are you looking at me like that for?
Summer: (laughs) Well, you know, I guess it's 'cause...I was sitting in a deli and reading Dorian Gray and...a guy comes up to me and asked me about it. And now he's my husband.
Tom: Yeah, and so?
Summer: So, what if I'd gone to the movies? What if I had gone somewhere else for lunch? What if I'd gotten there ten minutes later? It was--it was meant to be. And I just kept thinking...Tom was right.

Labels: , , , ,


Thursday, December 29, 2011
@ 17:58